I just released a new redesigned version (2.1) of my free open source Android app NFC Profile. With NFC Profile you can write different system settings profiles on NFC tags. When you touch a profile tag with your Android NFC enabled device, your configured system settings will be toggled accordingly. My personal use case for the app is to switch my wireless connections off and to turn my ringtone silent at night with a touch of a tag. The next morning I just have to touch the same tag again to switch my wireless connections back on and to turn my ringtone on also.
- enable/disable airplane mode on tag detection
- start an external app on tag detection
- enable/disable Bluetooth on tag detection
- enable/disable WiFi on tag detection
- switch ringtone on/off on tag detection
- set alarm on tag detection
The source code is hosted on github at: https://github.com/MarioBoehmer/NFCProfile
It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) License so respect that if you want to use any code.
Please rate NFC Profile in the Android market if you like it!